Wednesday 21 May 2014

Arts

Over the last couple of years I've done a few different projects for art-themed events. Generally, it means that I'm allowed to be a bit more creative with it, which also therefore has plenty capacity for me to both make posters that are unreadable, and look back at them and wish I hadn't done that. And that. And oh boy, that. Never mind. I have learnt from them, and that's the important bit.

This was in 2012. I still have a little crush on the fancy ampersand. I seem to remember that it took me a while to get it right, particularly with all those lines, but I still like how it turned out.



This was done this year. It was a really great project, where I was given the words laid out roughly where they should be, a vague idea of images, and then told to go to town. So much fun.

The paint in the tube was originally red, which I liked as a part of the colour palette, but it also looked a little like blood. Sad, but true.

Most of the artistic elements were first done on paper, edited in Photoshop, then re-worked on paper with pen and ink, then re-edited in Photoshop. It's a bit labour intensive, but I like the way it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment