Wednesday 21 May 2014

Easter, Lent and such

I always start thinking about Easter posters far too late. I have a happy little dream that one day, I'll be totally on it, and they'll be out super early. That almost happened this year, and then a combination of moving house, forgetting to back up fonts onto my laptop, and general exhaustion rather ruined it. Next year then.

This was from 2013 when I went with a 'new life' theme.

This was the Lent Course from the same year. We were using a specific book (see below), so I designed it using the book design combined with the film poster design.

This year's Easter posters were heavily influenced by my new-best-design-friend, Pinterest. Particularly having seen this design, and this one, I put together a set of Holy Week posters. I hope that I fell the right side of being influenced rather than ruthlessly stealing ideas. It's what I was going for, anyway.





The eagle-eyed will notice the stupid mistake on the Maundy Thursday poster, which was one of the reasons that these never got used as separate posters. By the time I noticed, my desktop had been packed and put in storage, and my laptop didn't have Futura font on it. Always check that you have the fonts you need. This is the lesson that I have learnt. It was not all in vain. I converted these all into Order of Service covers, both the Sunday posters into slides for Sunday service presentations, and they did eventually go out as a poster:

Yes. There are two different fonts going on there. Ironically, I think it actually made it easier to read, so maybe it was a good decision. Or mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment